There are many advantages and disadvantages to working in a shared office. The pros often outweigh the cons. If you are a business that has previously set-up at home, you are a contractor, start-up, you travel a lot or you currently work in isolation and shared office is definitely an option to consider.
What is Shared Office Space?
Shared office space is typically an open-plan office that is set-up with self-contained work stations. You usually have wi-fi, a telephone and access to other facilities such as a coffee machine and photocopying services. It is a flexible way of working with the option to upgrade at any time or hire other facilities such as meeting and conference rooms.
Shared office space is usually a good cost saving solution where you can have the prestige of a professional business address, phone number with support and facilities close to hand.
Here are our 6 key benefits to working in a shared office space:
- Flexibility Everything you need in one place, your desk, wifi, telephone and coffee on tap! Flexibility with limited commitment is a great option if you are a start-up, somewhere that is easy to travel to and has everything you need to get set-up in business including your very own phone number!
- Cost Shared office space can be hired by the hour, by the day, week or month. Which ever suits your business and business lifestyle.
- Growth As your business expands in size you can up-size easily whilst only paying for the space you use.
- Business Focus Working in a different location to your home means less distractions which can give you more business focus, making you more productive.
- Networking Working around others can create great networking opportunities to meet other business owners, learn about new services, make way for collaborations and partnerships.
- Shared Knowledge & Support You are all in the same boat, instead of struggling to achieve the same goals you can share knowledge and support each other while growing your business.